Retail Paint Store Associate
$16.00 – $18.00 DOE
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Voluntary Benefits, 401K, and ESOP
Hours: Monday-Friday; start and end times are flexible between the hours of 7:30-5:30pm and will be a 40 hour work week.
Summary: Primary objective is to provide the best possible customer service to meet the needs of our customers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Communicate with customers by phone, fax, and email concerning orders, returns, shipments and products
- Stock shelves, counters, or tables with merchandise
- Provide pricing on merchandise
- Assist customer in filling orders
- Provide color matches
- Determine customer bills (including discounts), and accept payment from customer
- Remove and record amount of cash in register at end of shift
- Keep record of sales, prepare inventory of stock, and order merchandise
- Keep the showroom clean and orderly on an ongoing basis
- Make changes to or cancel orders/backorders
- Initiate orders for replacements parts and/or for correcting errors (shortages, wrong item shipped, etc.)
- Fill out forms and determine charges for service requested
Individual must be a strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and oral communication skills as well as proven customer service. Must have working knowledge of computers and various computer programs. Be able to work under minimal supervision, manage multiple tasks and interact with others in a professional manner.
Position requires a High School Diploma or GED; one or more years of previous retail or customer service experience preferred.
About Fargo Glass & Paint:
Started in 1917 and headquartered in Fargo, ND, Fargo Glass and Paint Company has a Millwork branch in Fargo, ND and Sioux Falls, SD and Contract Glazing branches in Fargo, Bismarck and Minot, ND and Sioux Falls, SD to better serve customers in those areas. We also own and operate a retail paint store in The Shoppe’s of Osgood is southwest Fargo.
We have long-term business relationships with some of the most trusted names in their respective industries. Fargo Glass and Paint Company has been a Benjamin Moore distributor since 1917! OldCastle Building Envelope has been a supplier to Fargo Glass and Paint Company since 1995.
FGP has grown and changed to keep pace with customer demands. New materials, new products, and new techniques are being introduced at a rapid rate. With a staff of around 150, we are dedicated to service. By operating our own fleet of trucks, our delivery is reliable and efficient. We’re here to help!