$60,000-$65,000 DOE – Exempt
401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Voluntary Benefits
$2,500 sign-on bonus
About the Job:
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Occasional evenings and overtime work.
Summary: Lead, plan, implement and maintain safety programs to ensure that work hazards and injuries are reduced throughout FGP. Monitors and completes required reporting for Workers Compensation and OSHA.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and conduct necessary new hire and annual safety training for all departments and locations
- Identify safety hazards, assist in developing controls to reduce or prevent hazard
- Maintain all safety training documentation
- Update and maintain and instill safety manual
- Submit and monitor all Workers Compensation claims
- Implement Return to Work or Transitional Work Plans as needed
- Schedule and lead monthly Safety Committee meetings and ensure minutes are posted in a timely manner
- Conduct quarterly safety inspections and follow-up to correct any deficiencies
- Order and maintain PPE’s for each department
- Implement and maintain the companies drug testing and reasonable suspicion programs
- Conduct all Safety training needs
- Conduct Jobsite Hazard Analysis for construction sites
- Meet commercial contract safety requirements for jobsites
- Complete Annual Insurance Incentive Program Audit
- Complete OSHA Logs for the company
- Staying current with the latest updates regarding Safety & Compliance (Conferences etc.)
- Coordinate the Flu/Covid Vaccine onsite clinics
- Joint ownership of Covid communication and guidance to employees
- Ensures that material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed
Qualifications: Position prefers an Associate or Bachelor’s degree, 3-5 years of previous experience in a safety role in the same field (construction); or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have Thorough knowledge of safety regulations, including OSHA, ANSI, and NFPA and Safety-related certifications (e.g., MESH, CSP, ASP) is preferred, and government or professional training and compliance courses (e.g., OSHA 30-hour training) is required. Must be proficient with Microsoft office. This position will travel to all FGP locations and will require a valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record. Not afraid of heights.
Physical Demands: Employee is required to talk and hear, and use hands to finger keyboard, telephone and handle other objects. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Vision required for this job includes close vision (clear vision within 20 inches).
Must have a valid and insurable driver’s license.
About Fargo Glass & Paint:
Started in 1917 and headquartered in Fargo, ND, Fargo Glass and Paint Company has a Millwork branch in Fargo, ND and Sioux Falls, SD and Contract Glazing branches in Fargo, Bismarck and Minot, ND and Sioux Falls, SD to better serve customers in those areas. We also own and operate a retail paint store in The Shoppe’s of Osgood is southwest Fargo.
We have long-term business relationships with some of the most trusted names in their respective industries. Fargo Glass and Paint Company has been a Benjamin Moore distributor since 1917! OldCastle Building Envelope has been a supplier to Fargo Glass and Paint Company since 1995.
FGP has grown and changed to keep pace with customer demands. New materials, new products, and new techniques are being introduced at a rapid rate. With a staff of around 150, we are dedicated to service. By operating our own fleet of trucks, our delivery is reliable and efficient. We’re here to help!