$18-$22/hour + DOE
Health, Dental, Retirement, Vacation, Holiday, Sick
Full-time, 40 hours per week
Responsible for reviewing construction documents and understands scope of work, prepare the project estimate, and provide total bid price. Responsible to manage job specific budgets, estimates, and timelines, including tracking and scheduling.
Role and Responsibilities include the following:
(Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.)
• Reviews construction documents and understands scope of work to bid
• Prepares cost analysis by calculating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor, and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items
• Develops, reviews, and submits shop drawings/submittals for architectural approval
• Completes take-offs of construction documents including aluminum and glass
• Responsible for managing job specific budgets, estimates, and timelines, including labor tracking and scheduling
• Review completed shop drawings
• Receive approved shop drawings, verify rough opening measurements at job site, and order materials
• Issue purchase orders for glass and metal
• Review and evaluate Requests for Pricing
• Obtains pricing for materials and bids from subcontractors
• Develop “cut list” for fabrication of metal in shop
• Instruct employees of proper installation procedures at job sites
Individual must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills, written, and oral communication skills. Must be able to read and comprehend project specifications and architectural drawings, work under minimal supervision, manage multiple tasks, and interact with others in a professional manner. Individual must be detail oriented with strong negotiating and problem-solving skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft office and CAD preferred.
Position prefers an associate degree in construction management, engineering, or related field, three to seven years of experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable by the company. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some projects may require more out-of-the-area and overnight travel.
About Fargo Glass & Paint:
Started in 1917 and headquartered in Fargo, ND, Fargo Glass and Paint Company has a Millwork branch in Fargo, ND and Sioux Falls, SD and Contract Glazing branches in Fargo, Bismarck and Minot, ND and Sioux Falls, SD to better serve customers in those areas. We also own and operate a retail paint store in The Shoppe’s of Osgood is southwest Fargo.
We have long-term business relationships with some of the most trusted names in their respective industries. Fargo Glass and Paint Company has been a Benjamin Moore distributor since 1917! OldCastle Building Envelope has been a supplier to Fargo Glass and Paint Company since 1995.
FGP has grown and changed to keep pace with customer demands. New materials, new products, and new techniques are being introduced at a rapid rate. With a staff of around 150, we are dedicated to service. By operating our own fleet of trucks, our delivery is reliable and efficient. We’re here to help!